Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Not in a million years would I have thought to make these because to be honest I don't even like peanut butter that much.However with the Reese's cookies being such a hit with family and friends I decided to branch out and experiment with peanut butter. This is first of many experiments with peanut butter because every time I cook with it everyone seems to love it. So lets get into it.

Ingredients

2 cup of Plain flour 
2 Teaspoons of Baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon salt (optional)
2/3 Cup Peanut butter (I used crunchy)
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
3/4 cup Milk
2 bags of Chocolate Chips (I used 1 white chocolate and 1 Milk)


Method

Begin by preheating your oven to 200c.
I started off by combining all of the dry ingredients together except the sugar in a large bowl which will come in handy later on when you mix everything together. So put the plain flour,baking powder and salt (if using,personally I didn't) into the big bowl. In a smaller bowl mix together the peanut butter,butter and sugar. Beat it together for a couple of minutes to make sure it is nice and creamy. Next add the eggs and milk to this mixture and beat for a further minute or so. 
Once this is completed pour the peanut butter mixture into the flour, stir together until it is just combined then add in the 2 bags of chocolate chips. 


 Now you can begin spooning the mixture into the cake cases. Fill each case 3/4 full with the mixture. I found it fitted perfectly into 12 cases. 

Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. I originally done 20 minutes and I found they were the perfect colour just not quite not done on the inside so I put them back in for another 5 minutes on a lower heat. 
And this is the final result.

  
I hope you enjoyed reading this and hope you enjoying making them :)


Comments