Rocky Road

I love Rocky Road. I've only ever had it with milk chocolate though and dark chocolate is my favourite so I decided to make it with dark. They turned out amazing. So now lets get to the making of them. 

Ingredients

100g Unsalted Butter
300g Dark Chocolate
4 tbsp Maple Syrup 
250g Cookies (I used Maryland)
100g Marshmallows 
Icing Sugar to dust over

I began by placing the butter,maple syrup and the chocolate in a saucepan and stirring it over a low heat until it is completely melted. Make sure you stir it constantly so the butter does not burn on the bottom of the pan. Once its melted take it off the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes. While it is cooling down you can begin crushing up the cookies. I chose to do it in a bag with a rolling pin, I left a few chunks of cookie so it will give the rocky road the rocky effect. I then added the marshmallows and stirred it all together. Previously I had lined a square tin with baking paper so I just poured the mixture in the tin and smoothed it out evenly. You can then place it in the fridge overnight or I placed mine in the freezer 1-2 hours (because I could not wait overnight). 
Lastly I took it out the freezer, dusted it with icing sugar and cut it in half then into about 5-6 slices. 

Enjoy :) x















Comments