Chocolate Chip Cornflake Cookies


Hello
I'm back again with another Tanya Bakes recipe. I can't seem to put this book down, I just keep flicking through looking at all the delicious cakes and cookies. This week I baked these cookies with my little sister, they were so easy, we just put everything into my mixer and turned it on. 
Just on a side note this recipe states it makes 12 large cookies but when we made them it made 24 decent sized cookies. So this is what we used:

Ingredients 

200g unsalted butter,softened
300g granulated Sugar
1 large egg
300g self-raising flour
200g milk chocolate chips
80g cornflakes
Pinch of sea salt



Like I said above me and my little sister just put all the ingredients into my mixer and mixed for a couple of minutes. If you don't want to do this method or do not have a stand mixer then start off by creaming the butter and sugar together. (In the recipe in the book it said to use golden caster sugar but I didn't have any so I used granulated). Then add the egg and give it a quick whisk. Next add the rest of the ingredients, give it a good whisk and that is the mixture complete. I ended up using 4 baking sheets for my cookies, 6 balls per tray so it gave them enough space to spread when baking without touching. Bake for 15 minutes in a pre heated oven (180c).
Lastly let them to cool down on the baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack for 20 minutes.
That's it, I hope you enjoy making this and I'll be back next week!
Enjoy x




Comments