Oat and Raisin Cookies

I have missed having warm soft chewy cookies. But these have put an end to those cravings. They only need 15 minutes in the oven and about 10 minutes on a cooling rack then bam, you will be in cookie heaven.
The recipe I originally followed did not have golden syrup in them. I wanted golden syrup in my cookies so I done a bit of research and found these babies.
So simple and easy, just keep reading to learn how to make them.

Ingredients

100g Plain Flour
100g Caster Sugar 
75g oats
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda 
2 tbsp Golden Syrup 
100g Butter 
25g Sultanas


Method

Begin by turning your oven to 160 degrees and lining two trays with greaseproof paper. 
Start off with mixing your dry ingredients together so your flour, sugar,oats,sultanas and bicarb. Next melt the golden syrup and butter in a saucepan. Once this is done pour the golden syrup and butter mix into the dry ingredients and mix together well. At this stage I found my mixture was bit too sticky to roll into balls so I added extra oats and flour (only about a handful of each).
Next roll the mixture into about 12 balls, 6 on each tray, place these in the oven for about 10-15 minutes (don't worry they will melt into shape themselves in the oven) then remove even if the cookies still feel too soft.
Let them cool on the trays for a couple of minutes before transferring onto cooling racks to completely cool down. 

And there you have it, simple, easy to prepare cookies.









Comments