Cherry Bakewell Tart


So with this I kind of cheated. I wanted to test out the making of this but incase it didn't work I didn't want to spend all the money on the pastry tin I will need and the ceramic beads to weigh down the pastry when cooking. So I bought a pastry case already cooked from the supermarket. Good news is that it did actually work so I will be investing in a pastry tin and the beads and I will post later on the making of a pastry case on how easy it was etc. So to make this you will need:

Ingredients

8oz Soft Butter
8oz Granulated Sugar
8oz Ground Almonds
3 Eggs
2oz Plain Flour
Cherry Jam 
Flaked Almonds

Method

Begin by turning the oven on to 200c.
Start by adding the butter and sugar together and beating until a creamy consistency. Next and the eggs, ground almonds and flour to the butter/sugar mixture and mix this all together for a couple of minutes.
Now moving onto the case. Spread the cherry jam onto the base of the pasty.Add the mixture on the top of this right up to the rim of the case. Sprinkle on the flaked almonds.

Place it into the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until it is set and golden brown.






















Comments