Gooey Brownies

I was recently requested to make brownies for a fireworks party that my boyfriends parents had. I have always been wary of making brownies, the last time I made them they did not turn out well but that was years ago so it was always worth another shot.
Gorgeous smell, gooey and moist. What more could you want ?! They actually turned out alright this time!
So lets get into it.


Ingredients

185g Unsalted butter
185g Dark Chocolate
85g Plain Flour
40g Cocoa Powder
3 Large Eggs
275g Caster Sugar
50g Milk Chocolate Chips

Optional: Mixed Nuts

Method

I used my stand alone mixer for this because the eggs and sugar will need a lot of beating together, I also preheated the oven to 180C.
So to begin with i added my eggs and sugar into my mixer and turned that on a medium speed for at least 5 minutes,you need to have the mix double in size so just keep going until it has because this will give you your volume in the brownies. While these are beating together I melted the chocolate and the butter in a bowl sat on a saucepan with a small amount of water in. Once this has melted and cooled down I slowly added it into the egg mixture while the mixer is on a slow speed. Once you have added this you with need to sieve in the Cocoa Powder and Plain Flour. 
I then took the bowl off of the mixer and folded in the chocolate chips and nuts (I just bought an already cut and mixed nuts bag from the supermarket).
Line a square brownie tin with butter and then grease proof paper, pour in the brownie mixture and place on a middle shelf for 30-40 minutes.
Bring out the oven to cool down for 15 minutes then cut into squares and leave to cool completely.
Not too hard,even without a stand alone mixer you can do this (you will just need muscles!)







x


Comments