Friday, 6 November 2015

Gingerbread Cookies

So this is a tiny bit late for Halloween but better late than never aye ?
Since last Christmas I have wanted to attempt at making gingerbread but never found the time and when I did it was not the right time of the year (I'm a very seasonal baker}. So now it is that time of year again I decided to take full advantage so expect a couple of posts towards Christmas ;). 
So let me get into the recipe.

Ingredients

100g Butter
350g Plain flour
175g Sugar
5 Tsp Ground Ginger
1 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Tsp Bicarb
4 Tbsp Golden Syrup
1 Egg


To begin with I sieved all of the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.  
I then used my stand mixer and whisked together the butter,egg and golden syrup. 
Next I started by adding the dry ingredients in steps, each time turning the mixer up to a medium speed and giving it 30 seconds each time to mix together. 
These measurements gave me a perfect consistency. I then rolled the mixture out on to a floured surface and then cut out gingerbread men (you can cut what ever shapes you want to). With it being Halloween at the time I done a gingerbread man and icing skeletons (attempted to anyway) onto them. 
Place on a baking sheet and place into a preheated oven (180C) for 15-20 minutes. 
I recommend taking them off the baking sheet after cooling for 5 minutes and place them on a cooling rack to finish cooling. 
Then proceed to decorate how you wish. 

I hope you all had a marvelous Halloween with all of the trick or treating and if any of you had parties.
Hopefully I will be back to blogging regular soon.





x

No comments:

Post a Comment